But automated trading has disadvantages:
- Cannot incorporate trader’s market intuition that cannot be reduced to rules
- Cannot incorporate some visual patterns which the human eye can readily see, but the computer cannot “see”
- A new broker and trading environment may be required, as most brokers do not offer sophisticated automated trading.
- Special expertise is often required to automate a trading system.
- Significant time and effort may be required of the trader to test and tweak the automated trading system.
Emerald Trading Technologies can help with the entire “life cycle” of automating a trading system.